Palace official said on Tuesday that President Rodrigo Duterte had been able to discuss with several Cabinet officials the supposed move of Vice President Leni Robredo's supporters to mobilize political attacks against him.
Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said that at the sideline of Cabinet meeting last Monday, Duterte talked to him with National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr. regarding the alleged leaked e-mails containing the exchange of messages planning his ouster dubbed as “Lenileaks.”
Andanar said the President, during their talk, had wished his opponents "success" in destabilizing him.
He also challenged the Filipino-American group founded by Loida Nicolas-Lewis to return to the Philippines and voice her grievances about the Duterte government. Andanar, then said that he believes that the majority of Filipinos still support President Duterte.
Meanwhile, a recent Pulse Asia Survey report showed that 83 percent of Filipinos still trust and approved the President’s performance.
Watch the video below: