De Lima’s contributors for the 2016 senatorial campaign revealed, where her top contributors spend P5 million each while other gave at least P1 million.
Contributors who funded the senatorial campaign of Senator Leila De Lima were named. Leila’s Statement of Contributions and Expenses (SOCE) were submitted to the commission on Elections after May 2016 polls.
The list of De Lima’s contributors were not mentioned in the alleged illegal drug trade inside the New Bilibid Prison. Also, De Lima was accused funded by convicts inside the national penitentiary who sell drugs inside and outside NBP to fund her senatorial campaign.
During the campaign period, the former Justice Secretary have spent P86, 153, 300.49, according to SOCE, where Leila received the cash hand-in-hand. Leila’s top contributors who spent P5 million each are:
- Santiago D. Ortega Jr, lawyer and president of the University of Saint Anthony in Iriga City, Camarines Sur
- Ramon T. Gloria, from Quezon City
- Sheralyn P. Palpal-Latoc, from Sto. Domingo, Ilocos Sur
Here are also the contributors who spent at least P1 million for her campaign:
- Felix M. Runes Jr, real estate lessor from Manila – P3 million
- Steve Tiberio Serranilla, from Muntinlupa City – P2.5 million
- Rodel and Shirly Amesola, from Pili, Camarines Sur – P2 million each
- Solomon Hermosura, managing director of Ayala Corp – P2 million
- Celsa B. Rivera and Nonato P. Gonzales, who ran for local posts in Padre Garcia, Batangas in 2013 – P1 million each
- Wilbert T. Lee, president, and CEO of LKY Development Corp. – P1 million
- Paul Vincent Chua, Vice President of Dataland Inc – P1 million
Also, there are 20 contributors from Camarines Sur, (De Lima’s home province) gave a total amount of P17.75 million. Also there are lawyers and law firm partner who contributed to her campaign such as:
3 partners from the De Guzman San Diego Mejia & Hernandez (GSMH) Law Office
Cynthia Corazon Roxas, a private prosecutor
There are also three kind contributors gave some amount to Leila:
- Gregorio Perez of Mandaluyong City, with a donation worth P250,000
- lawyer Jonathan Baligod of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan, with P500,000 in in-kind contributions on top of P1 million in cash donations
- Aquinas Ranulph Hermida of Marikina City, with P128,693.19 in in-kind contributions on top of a P50,000 cash donation
P1, 547, 402 has been given by Leila’s ex-husband, lawyer Plaridel Bohol II and her two brothers Vicente Jr gave her P200, 000 and Vicente II contributes P100, 000.
Source: netizensph.com, newstitans