President Duterte orders the Office of Transportation Security or the OTS to put an end to the bullet-planting modus that victimize the passengers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, including tourist and expats or balikbayan as well as OFWs.
Senior Superintendent Mao Aplasca, the new director of the police Aviation Security Group (AVSEgroup), said Thursday that travelers would not be detained or charged in court if an ammunition is confiscated from them, as per President Duterte's order.
Aplasca mentioned in this video that the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA), Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), and the transportation department will form a joint team that will conduct regular security planning for airports. With this order from Duterte, , he said that the tanim-bala is just a thing of the past.
There was an experienced last month in the afternoon at NAIA Terminal 1, the X-ray scan detected a live bullet and two empty shells inside the check-in luggage of a departing OFW, OTS called the attention of the OFW, asked him to view his luggage and asked the OFW to remove the bullet from his luggage and proceed to the Middle East.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW.